Skip to main content

Clothes Make a Difference


I got this composition/cloth boudoir doll today. She's in great shape! But, her outfit does not flatter her at all.

I turned up the brim of her hat. That made such a difference. The hat still has the store tag in it (see photo, below). Click on the photo of the store tag, below, to view Wikipedia information about Joseph Horne Co. 

I tied up her crocheted collar, and then, after much consideration, I removed her skirt. It is lined and the material is heavy so it weighed her down quite a bit. It also was not sewn on her very nicely and has a bulky zipper. 



She actually looks better without the skirt. I'll have to find an appropriate costume for her that matches her original hat. 


There is a web site called "The Department Store Museum." Click on the name to view the link to their web site.


This is how I received the doll. As you can see, her outfit doesn't flatter her at all.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thelma Todd

A Collection of Thelma Todd Film Clips

JxB French Boudoir Doll Head with Box for Sale on my web site - timetravelerstn.com

I have two JxB Boudoir Doll Heads for sale on my web site - Click the photo, above, to access that site.


Risque Postcards with boudoir dolls for sale on eBay